Monday, August 10, 2009

The Last Faux Yankee


My sisters left the northeast this morning, and I realized I am the last one of my extended family still standing in the northeastern part of the United States. Having been born in the south and having been raised in the south, and because my heart LOVES the south and because my tummy loves southern food, I am a true southerner. However, because I have lived in the northeast for a total of thirteen years (and have actually liked it. Shhhhh, don't tell my southern relatives) I am calling myself a "Faux Yankee." One day, when our kids are raising their families, Chad and I will sneak away to live somewhere in the south.
That's my dream anyway, and I am sticking to it!
P.S. The picture is of Woodville Baptist Church located in Woddville, Georgia.
This is where my sweet parents were married!

2 comments:

natalie said...

sigh. I miss being a faux yankee. I'm sure it was hard for you to see them leave.
But I'm glad you're still in yankeeville. I need you to be there so we can visit you and be faux yankees together. :)

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

@ Natalie: Sigh. Okay. Sigh.