Friday, June 17, 2011

My First Day of Summer

On this, the first day of my summer vacation, I was going to sleep in, watch the beginning of "Regis and Kelly,"eat a lovely bowl of Special K with berries and enjoy a relaxing and peaceful day with my four children. Afterall, I had spent the last nine and half months "mothering" thirty-three children. What was four compared to that?
Did I really think I would have a peaceful day? No. But a girl can dream, right?
In actuality, a text from my daughter woke me up at 6:25 IN THE MORNING asking me to pick her up from her friend's house. I couldn't fall back to sleep because Kirk was awake and anxiously awaiting for 9:00am to roll around so it would be time to go to the beach with his friend. His friend showed up at 10:30am. Sigh. That was a long wait.
Next on the agenda was to take Jake to the medical aid clinic to get an "extrememly last minute" physical for a 50 miler scout camp next week. Apparently, we went at the exact wrong time because the waiting room was "standing room only." Two hours later we left and the waiting room was empty. Sigh. That was a long wait.
Walmart was next where we bought the "required" items on the camping list which included a mandatory 2nd pair of underwear and an extra two pair of "sox." Yes, it was spelled that way. I had to agree with Jake when he proclaimed he was taking six pair of underwear; however, I'm still wrapping my head around buying brand new underwear to take to CAMP!
Finally, we went home and I took a nap. Is it too early to say I am ready for school to start? Sigh. It's going to be a long wait.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

We all dream, don't we? Particularly in the summer! Sounds like you got a lot done, but maybe not the sleeping late!