Friday, January 18, 2008

Ode to the Card Catalog!


Tuesday night, during my class, the instructor had the university's librarian come to show us how to look up references for research papers and such. My how things have changed since I did my last research paper! Gone are the days of the noble wooden structure that held millions of indexed cards. What was it called? Oh, yeah, the card catalog! As sad as it is that the card catalogs are now extinct, oh, how joyous it is that everything is on the net! I found references tonight as I sat in my warm fleece jamies and listened to my children discuss (or argue) the plight of Animal Crossing on the Nintendo DS's . But that's a whole other blog!

3 comments:

Tice said...

Yea! You finally updated the ol' blog. And, yes, I recall the card catalog. It took me a while to get used to looking things up on the computer.

Sally Sirmans said...

I don't see how 'back in the old days' any research paper was even close to being up-to-date since new info was dependent on snail mail....my how far we've come...

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Yep!