Well, I thought I was going to go bezerk on the airplane. After fighting restless less syndrome and swollen feet I finally passed out about 2:30am Delaware time. Slept for about an hour and have been up since. Our first experience was trying to figure out how to start our lovely Volvo. The key is in a box and it goes into this kind of ignition and you push the start button. Put this together with the steering wheel on the other side of the car and two people with very little sleep and it tool us a while to figure it all out.
Then, as you all know, Chad has the innate ability to sniff family homesteads out. So we left the airport, driving on the opposite side of the road of course, and started driving in the general direction of the McKeon homestead. As I passed out periodically, he pushed on and found the darn place! The man is amazing!
So, we drive up to the house wondering whether these people are going to think we are crazy, and we knock on the door. An adorable little lady opens the door and doesn't seem surprised in the least little bit. Her daughter-in-law was there as well. She tells us her daughter, the Ireland genealogy buff, told her to expect us this week. We were welcomed in but they were just sitting down for lunch so we walked around outside and took pictures while they ate. Then we went back and sat and talked with them. She brought out her family tree and Chad showed her how they were related. We are going to meet up with her daughter Tuesday evening.
Notice me at the gate sleeping! That leads to the next event. We found our bed and breakfast and I took a nap for an hour while Chad tried to connect to the internet. Then we ate at The Halfway House (which was okay, way too many potatoes!) and came back. I'm going to sleep very soon.
To Kirk: I haven't seen any leprechauns yet. Love you.
To Caroline: Still looking for Irish Webkins. Love you.
To Jake and Christian: Be good, help Tice, have fun! Love you.
To Tice: We owe you!
To Everyone Else: Wish you were here!
4 comments:
Caroline here. Mom, the webkinz doesn't have to be irish but i am expecting one!!:) No presure if you don't find one you can just get him/her here an di can say that you got it in Ireland!i also take $$$$ and other things.. just thought you would like to know thinkin of you !!!!!
From caroline , (your 1 & only daughter, who is expecting a webkinz) muhlestein
caroline here,
kirk is leprequan enough isn' t he sorry i spelled lep wrong but we don't need another weirdo we all ready have 3 (jake kirk christian)!!! I MISS YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow that looks like a big house is it as big as it looks? No more sleeping on fences you'll miss something.
The little old lady you're staying with is so cute!
Post a Comment