Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Date With My Teenage Daughter!

For Caroline's birthday, I let her stay home from school for the day.
For those of you who NEVER let your kids stay home unless they were sick...
I know. I've been there. Belieeeeve me, I've been there.
But, there actually does come a time when spending the day with your
teenage daughter is actually rather fun.
Especially when we do things like.....
Shop for GREEN TYE-DIED RocketDog shoes.

Experience a range of stores, some of them a little scary, I'm not gonna lie to ya!

Eat yummy Chinese food and wonderful soda!


Feel very proud of your birthday purchases.
It was a successful day, enjoyed by the two of us.
Thanks goes out to Grammie & Papa for the birthday money
and making this shopping trip possible.

8 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun day! I love it that you let her miss school. I can't believe she is 13. I think she was 5 when we left NO. She is so beautiful!

natalie said...

Me digs teh tye-dyed rocket dogs. Mom and daughter time justifies missing one measly day of school, and it looks like y'all had a great time.
Hot Topic may appear scary, but the employees are actually quite nice. I always go in to look at the Twilight merch when I'm at the mall. Speaking of, why didn't you buy an Edward shirt, Lori? :)
@ Caroline: Your hair is so cute! Cute hair on a cute girl.

smilesbig said...

How fun to let her stay home. I agree that every now and then you need to do that.

It looks like she kept you hopping with all the shopping but her teen years are just beginning so enjoy ever moment.

Tice said...

First of all...I'm lurving those rocketdogs. Makes me feel as though I might be needing a new pair soon...

And letting one's child stay home is fun. Does it count when I let *your* kids stay home from school to babysit mine?

And don't be afraid of the bulldog at Aeropostale. He's really quite friendly. Oh, I'm sorry, did you mean you were scared at Hot Topic? Someday you'll have to see the pictures of me and Natalie and good times at the Hot Topic.

And what goes better with yummy Chinese Food than a good soda? Nothing, I tell you. Nothing.

Happy Birthday Caroline. Still working on that Birthday post for you. Keep an eye out, k?

Sally Sirmans said...

Caroline, you are way too cute! Love your hair. You should snapped a pic of your Mom in Hot Topic. Did you use some of your money to buy her a nose piercing? Ha.

Elaine said...

Love the green shoes!! Very glad the two of you had a wonderful day!! Caroline, you are just too, too cute!

natalie said...

Ps, Andrew wants your aero bag. he thinks it's a UGA bulldog bag. Save it for him puhleez.

Sweet Pea said...

@ NAT-- I can do..if I still have it!