Friday, October 29, 2010

Quotes From Harvest Day

Student: Is it time for the party, Mrs. Muhlestein?

Me: No, you just walked in the door. Go unpack you backpack.

Student: When are we going to eat [the millions of cupcakes my mom sent in]?

Me: This afternoon, right before you go home to your mothers!

Student: What are you supposed to be dressed up like?

Me: It's Harvest Day, not Halloween. Go sit down.

Student: Is this a test? You do know it's Harvest Day, right?

Me: This is a test. You do know this is part of your grade, right?

Student: Do we still get recess even though we are having a party?

Me: Recess is for me today; Go outside!

Student: Is Halloween tonight?

Me: No, it's Sunday night?

Student: Do we have Monday off?

Me: No, but it would be the perfect day to play "hookie" from school.

Student: Is that a game?

Me: (Sigh. Turning to the other teacher) Is it time to go home, yet?

5 comments:

Tice said...

First of all, welcome back to blogging. Secondly, Sally says you should change your side quote to, "I can't live without boobs." She always did like to make trouble. And thirdly what is this Harvest Day of which you speak? Does it involve taco soup? Or is it more of a chili sort of a thing? Speaking of... I made a killer creamy chicken chili the other day but I let the black beans stew too long and it turned gray. Looked not so right but was oh so tasty.

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

I tried to convince everyone we should have taco soup, but it was a no go. Except for Jake; he likes my soup. I bet the creamy chicken chilli was good despite the gray. Did you post the recipe Yet?

Amelia said...

I love your last post about your new deal-e-o with the blog and these quotes from this post were cracking me up. I was so excited to hear yall are coming down for thanksgiving! We of course will be going up and are excited to see you all! I vote for doing a ruark family thanksgiving on black friday...after all the shopping of course.

Karen said...

So funny...I love it! I bet you are one heck of a teacher and the kids love you!Looking forward to seeing you in Tallahassee this month!

Elaine said...

Love the questions...and the answers!