Despite the fact that Chad is in Hong Kong, and my kids never mentioned my birthday, (correction, Jake remembered after reading Tice's lovely blog) today was a pretty good day. After getting up at 5:15AM to take Christian to seminary, I went back to sleep until Chad called. Kirk played quietly (happy birthday to me) and let me sleep. Then, after Mom called, I went to work where the ladies there treated me to lunch (I had to go pick it up, but they paid.) They surprisingly gave me a few birthday gifts, which was very nice of them. After work, I went to the store and bought myself a present, a brand new Vera Bradley bag. Then, I went to my first day of a new class. Once again, I think I'm going to love being back in school. I still can't believe I'm actually a graduate student. I think everybody should go back to school. It's so much more interesting after a little bit of "life experience." But that topic is worthy of a whole other posting.
After class, which got out at 9:00pm (not 10:30pm like it was scheduled,) I came home and had a late McDonalds dinner with Christian and Jacob. (The other two were out cold already.) To top it all off at the end of the day, I read the post my sister, Tice, published on her blog and it's comments. Thanks, everybody, for a great birthday. Oh, yeah, next year...I think a surprise party would be SWELL.
P.S. The picture above is my favorite picture of me. It was taken in 1987.
Kalil
8 years ago
5 comments:
Loving the picture! I'm glad you enjoyed my blog post. Sounds like you had a great day. I'm looking forward to this post on why graduate school is even better with life experience. Sounds like a fab discussion topic to me! Happy Birthday!
Ha! I knew it! I totally knew Vera Bradley and was on the birthday agenda! You are the queen of vera Bradley! Teach me your ways...
Happy Birthday Lori!
ps...I would consider turning 40 worthy for a surprise party. A girl needs to go over the hill with style!
Time to update the blog, dear sister.
Maybe I'm behind a little but....you are working? We need to start a family newsletter to keep up...
To Sally: I'm working a whopping seven and one half hours a week. But the pay ain't bad! It's three days a week during the hours Kirk is in school. I like it except I loose my "alone time" for those days. I'm hanging on to knowing that next year Kirk goes FULL DAY!
Post a Comment